Skinny jeans have had a great run, but wide-legged pants are having a moment right now. From denim to wool, this silhouette calls for something streamlined on top to balance out the fullness on the botton. Anchored by a tucked-in blouse or cropped sweater, the wide-leg pant is at once retro and modern. If the adage “go big or don’t go at all” applies to you, you’ll feel right at home in this season’s hottest pant style.
Taking inspiration from Chloe’s Fall Winter 2010/2011 collection, where the wide-leg pant flourished, here are a few styles that are truly wearable now.
1) ISSA Printed Pants ($455) A bit on the wild side, but pair perfectly with a laid back cropped knit sweater. Printed semi-sheer silk-jersey pants with self-belt tie at the basque waist.
2) A great choice for work, exquisite tailoring gives these wool Vince Wide-Leg Dress Pants ($265) a sophisticated look. Available here. Tab-front waistband, flat front, slit pockets and zipper fly.
3) For a good denim choice try the 7 For All Mankind Ginger Wide Leg ($154). Super wide legs and a high-waist pack all the style we love from the 70’s in a modern-day silhouette.
4) Channel your inner love child with the Ditsy Flare Pants ($68). A floral print and ruffle hem give these chiffon flare pants a flirty, laid back feel.
5) ASOS has some great wide-leg pant options, like these ASOS WHITE Seamed High Waist pants ($112.06). A raised center seam runs down each pant leg. High-waist gives a retro feel.
What do you think of this trend? Would you wear wide-leg pants? How wide would you go?