When it comes to cocktail attire, Navy is as ubiquitous as black. As New Year’s Eve approaches, I am feeling the color navy. Whether a full-on navy dress or simple necklace or shoes, the color is classic and looks great on everyone. Here are some navy pieces I’m loving right now.
1) ASOS is like a candy store for little cocktail dresses. Their selection ranges from affordable basics to designer pieces. And this UK retailer boasts free US shipping both ways. I love this ASOS Skater Dress ($81) with it’s lace skirt, cap sleeves and the button tabs. In fact, it’s in my shopping cart right now. But, fortunately or unfortunately, there is just too much to browse on ASOS – just type in “Navy” in the search box of their Up to 70% off sale page. Decisions, decisions!
2) Why not continue the navy kick and rock a little Eberjey India Lace Retro Bralet ($48) and Low Rise Boy Thong ($36). Eberjay lingerie is so comfy, you won’t worry about your undergarments getting in the way of dancing the night away.
3) French Connection is a go-to for party fashions like flirty mini-dresses. I love the long sleeves of the French Connection Winter Bex Beads Dress ($163). Featuring unique beading, this silk dress is ultra-feminine. The long sleeves compensate for the mini-length and slim-cut skirt.
4) For a smaller dose of navy, try an accessory like Nasty Gal’s Totally Stranded Necklace ($20). Super affordable yet luxe-looking, this necklace will complete your look.
5) A rich-hued silk skirt looks party-perfect with a pair of strappy pumps and a beaded cashmere sweater. Or, pair with a button down blouse, wide belt and boots for a work-ready look. J Crew Liquid Silk Skirt ($70) comes in a few different colors and is on sale!
6) A pair of killer heels should be in every girl’s party arsenal. Giuseppe Zanotti’s Two Piece Pumps ($416) feature black and navy satin. A winning color combination in a classic style. You can’t go wrong.
Navy is my color-of-the-moment. What is yours?