Rainy days and grey skies of March have me craving lighter colors in my wardrobe. This Spring, pale blushes and blues pair perfectly with nudes and sandy tans. While these light hues are pretty on their own, they can also be paired with brights for a fashionable contrast. Right now I am loving slate blue mixed with camel, anything chambray and dusty rose. Below are a few key neutral pieces for Spring 2011.
1) A flowing blouse, like the Ella Moss Hope Flutter Sleeve Top ($88), is the embodiment of femininity.
2) There are too many fabulous details on Rebecca Minkoff’s Apache Triple Gusset Lady Purse ($425) to mention. Love them all, starting with the tiny studs.
3) Woven espidrilles are hot this season. Sam Edelman’s Leroy Wedge Sandal ($149) comes in the perfect shade of tobacco brown with an interesting knotted leather detail.
4) A buttery soft leather jacket is on my Spring must-have list. Rebecca Taylor’s Scalloped Leather Jacket ($695) comes in a wear with everything shade of pale sand.
5) With shorts, skirts or wide-leg jeans, the BDG Classic Solid Breezy Button-Down Shirt ($39) is one top you will find yourself wearing over and over again.
6) How gorgeous is this Lekuin Latina Vest ($297)? Hand-shredding and an amazing drape give this slate-grey vest a bohemian chic feel.
7) The Deena & Ozzy Double Front Zip Mid Satchel ($59) has tons of pockets to hold all your necessities, without being an oversized shoulder bag. Plus, get Free shipping with this Urban Outfitters coupon!
8) Wear this soft chambray gives the Vanessa Bruno Athé Embroidered Chevron Shirtdress ($368) with flats or sandals, for an easy weekend look.
9) A slight heel gives these Rebecca Minkoff Caroline Sandals ($250) a bit of a dressier feel. The nude straps contrast coolly with the snake embossed leather.
10) This Kai-Aakmann Safari Hunt Skirt ($80) goes with so much and the camel faux-leather waist band adds a nice detail.
11) A great alternative to jeans, ASOS Pleat Front Twill Pants ($53.79) are slim-fitting and feminine.
What do you think? What colors are you looking forward to wearing this Spring?
Get the latest from Skinnypurse.com by following us on Twitter and FaceBook.