When I was a little girl, my grandmother had a collection of silky bed jackets. I would try them on and play “dress up”, feeling glamorous. Little did I know that years later they would be chic wardrobe staples. Should have hung on to some! While bed jackets are actually night/sleep wear, the style has evolved into elegant and casual day or night wear. These light and airy jackets often have kimono-like sleeves and are made from silky fabrics.
Nicole Richie’s clothing line, Winter Kate, is full of ethereal bed jackets and silky cardigans. We love Nicole’s modern hippie style and love the jackets in her collection. They look amazing when paired with a simple t-shirt and jeans, over a body conscious tank, or when paired with dressy pants for evening. Kimono bed jackets not only look great on, but they are comfortable items that you will reach for time and time again.
Here are a few cozy bed jackets that would elevate any outfit. We also found a great selection of vintage bed jackets on Etsy.
1) Winter Kate Eden Paisley Kimono Jacket, $225
2) Free People Virginia Beach Jersey Jacket, $98
3) Floral Kimono Jacket, $90
4) Winter Kate Ginger Cardy in Willow, $132
5) Winter Kate Opy Jacket in Wildwood Green, $215
6) Beyond The Valley Mountain View Silk Kimono Jacket, $341.88
*This post contains affiliate links. See our disclosures for more info*