This giveaway has ended. Thanks for your submissions!
Personalization is currently a popular trend in jewelry. Monagrams are no longer stuffy and old fashioned. In fact, monagrams are showing up on everything from rings to necklaces. Single initial pendants are also a chic accessory.
Remember the super-cute name necklace Carrie wore on Sex and the City? Well one company has taken the trend and devoted an entire website to name necklaces. MyNameNecklace.com offers a wide selection of custom-made name and initial necklaces. Choose from gold or silver options, you can have any name you want created. In addition to their name necklaces, you can also purchase personalized charms.
The folks at MyNameNecklace.com kindly sent me my own gold name necklace to review. It is made from 18k Gold-Plated Sterling Silver. The necklace itself it lightweight, yet feels like it is made from high quality materials. The box chain is modern and pretty. I like the length of the chain because it is short enough that you can layer it with other necklaces, but also looks good on its own. I think it is a cute accessory that will be fun to wear.
1) Like Skinnypurse and My Name Necklace on Facebook. (Leave a comment below letting us know you ‘liked’)
2) Answer the following question on the My Name Necklace Facebook Page: What is the thickness of the “Double Thickness 18k Gold-Plated Silver ‘Carrie’ Style Name Necklace” and what do you like best about the ability to personalize your jewelry at MyNameNecklace?
3) Leave a comment on the Skinnypurse facebook wall letting us know you entered the My Name Necklace giveaway.
1) Follow both @Skinnypurse and @MyNameNecklace on Twitter. (Leave a comment below letting us know you followed)
2) Tweet the phrase “@Skinnypurse #Giveaway! I want to win a @MyNameNecklace! http://bit.ly/eJl6BX” (just tweet once please!)
One lucky reader will be selected via Random.org and winner will be announced on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011. Winner will have the option to choose from the following three styles: Sterling Silver “Carrie” Style Name Necklace, Small Sterling Silver “Carrie” Style Name Necklace or Sterling Silver Name Necklace.
Please note: This giveaway runs from Monday, March 14th, 2011 until Monday, March 21st, 2011. Open to US and International residents. Good luck!
I wear my name necklace daily! The great thing is that no matter what your name is, you can have it made in numerous styles. If your name is short then go for a larger name necklace or consider a monogram or initial necklace instead.