Pearls are not just for your grandmother anymore! Clusters of pearls in all shapes, colors and sizes are popping up on necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings. No longer keeping it simple with pearl studs or single strands – it’s all about layering and mixing with other materials. These gifts of nature have long been a jewelry trend and are still going strong.
These lustrous jewels are no longer reserved for formal occasions. Pearl jewelry looks great paired with casual outfits – from jeans and a t-shirt to a lacy mini skirt and blouse. Layer on the baubles – the look of a few chunky bracelets on your arm or a couple big cocktail rings definitely works. A current jewelry staple, pearls are gracing the pages of fashion magazines everywhere. Loved the recent “Culture Club” article in May’s Vogue that highlighted some contemporary pearl jewelry designs. If you are feeling the pearl-obsession too, check out the beauties above.
1) Kate Spade Pearl Sparkle Ring, $95
2) Wendy Mink Cotton Pearl Multi Chain Necklace, $295
3) Kate Spade Pearl Sparkle Bracelet, $195
4) Golden/Pearl Multi Chain Necklace, $455
5) Miriam Haskell Flower Beaded Ring, Was $280, Now $140
6) Brian Nagourney Jewelry Lariat Necklace in Pink Pearl, $264
Want more pearls? JCrew offers a nice selection of reasonably priced pearl jewelry.
*This post contains some affiliate links. See our disclosures for more info*