With this pre-spring weather, you do not always need to be super bundled up. Parkas are a great way to add on the layers without bulking up too much. After seeing the fabulous fur-lined parka at Adam Lippes’ Fall 2010 runway show (which we raved about here), we’ve been a little obsessed with finding the perfect stand-in.
In fabrics ranging from soft silks to durable canvas, and colors from army green to bright white, you can find a jacket to suit whatever mood you are in. They are perfect to throw on with jeans for the weekend. But we also love them paired with something dressier, like a dress or skirt. Whether they are called military or fatigue jackets, parkas or anoraks, there seems to be no shortage of these casual coats in varying price ranges. The only hard part is choosing which one.
1) Aqua Silk-Blend Anorak, $98
2) Gap Military Anorak, $85.35
3) A.P.C. Quilt-Detailed Cotton Parka, $390
1) AE Soft Moto Jacket, $59.50
2) Joseph Cargo Twill Parka, $690
3) Kenneth Cole New York Cypress Cotton Blend Faille Hooded Anorak, $111
4) Top Shop Cotton Jersey Parka, $125