I remember my first pair of clogs. They were black with wooden soles and I think I was about 7 years old. They were great. I loved the way ‘click-clack’ sound they made while I walked. Ah, wooden platform clogs. The trend of yesteryear has returned, and these wooded heeled babies are making an appearance on fashionistas everywhere. A few years ago, I gave away a pair of clogs that would fit right in with today’s styles. How I wish I had kept them!
Today’s updated clog is a bit more modern than the clogs of the past. Details like a higher heel, ankle straps and studs puts a fresh spin on these shoes. Wooden heeled platforms look great styled with flowing sundresses, shorts, skinny pants or denim.
1) Via Spiga V-Astro Sandal, $198. A sexy slingback and brass studs mix bohemian with urban sophisticated.
2) Ripicca Studded Clog, $325. Allover studs and hand-woven details would pair well with your widest legged denim.
3) Jeffrey Campbell Stampede Open Toe Clogs, $135. The wraparound ankle strap instantly updates and make these sandals perfect for a night on the town.
4) Seychelles Care To Dance Clogs, $100. A classic looking clog, in a rich whiskey brown leather.
5) Guess Footwear Victorian Sandal, $99. Ruched suede and an open toe give these mule sandals a casual look.
*This post contains affiliate links. See our disclosures for more info*