Velvet is such a luxuriously soft fabric that makes any outfit a little dressier. While it may seem a bit old fashioned, it’s actually quite current. This holiday season; have some fun dressing with velvet. There are tons of items to choose from – from velvet tunics, leggings, shoes, bags and jewelry.
Some ways to wear velvet:
Top a pair of velvet leggings with a slinky tunic, boyfriend blazer and a few layered necklaces and you’re good to go for cocktails with friends or a casual date.
Pair a velvet mini-dress with some sheer tights and pretty pumps and you’ve got a party-perfect frock.
Or, simply add a single element of velvet, like a headband, necklace, or bag, to your outfit to dress it up and add texture.
1) Dress: Diane von Furstenberg Chinta Velvet Dress, $325
2) Leggings: Bop Basics Velvet Leggings, $78
3) Tank: Ecote Velvet Camisole, $48
4) Headband: Marc by Marc Jacobs Velvet Bow Headband, $84
5) Handbag: Marc by Marc Jacobs Velvet Tote Bag, $475
6) Clutch: Miu Miu Velvet Bow Clutch, $312
7) Flats: Juicy Couture Alleah Velvet Ballet Flats, $225
8) Pumps: D&G Dolce & Gabbana Variante Abbinata Pump, $685
9) Cuff: Rhinestone Velvet Cuff, $11.50
10) Jacket: Marc by Marc Jacobs Velvet Cropped Jacket, $169
*This post contains some affiliate links. See our disclosures for more info*