We love Sephora for our Nars Orgasm blush, Nordstrom for our Exceptionnel de Chanel mascara and Neiman’s for our La Mer. But there are some things that the drugstore does best. Some fabulous makeup tools, skin and care essentials can be found in your local drugstore, and at prices that won’t make you cringe. Here is our top ten list of drugstore beauty essentials. Note, all the products below are linked to purchase at Drugstore.com, but they can be found at your local spots like Walgreens & CVS as well.
1) Crest Advanced Seal Whitestrips, $34.99. Pop a pair of these babies on your teeth while you are getting ready and your smile will be instantly brighter. Deal alert: Save an additional $10 off one box until 10/31/09.
2) Tweezerman SPA Slant Tweezer, $19.99. An essential tool for brow grooming in-between wax appointments.
3) Weleda Skin Food, $15.69. This is like a moisture mask for extremely dry skin – use on face, hands, elbows, etc.
4) Kinerase Clear Skin Blemish Dissolver, $39. On-the-spot acne treatment for blemishes – great to put on before bed.
5) Studio Basics Dual-Tip Applicators, $1.49. These pointed-tip applicators make cleaning up eyeliner, etc a breeze.
6) Comodynes Make Up Remover Towels for Face and Eyes, $7.69. Soft and natural, these makeup remover wipes are gentle on sensitive skin and great for travel.
7) Jason Natural Cosmetics Fragrance Free Daily Shampoo, $7.34. When hair products build-up, use this natural clarifying everyday shampoo.
8) Revlon Professional Eyelash Curler, $3.99. You can go with the Shiseido Eyelash Curler for $18 or this one for $4; they both do the same thing!
9) Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, $2.99. Use this between manicures to help strengthen nails.
10) Burt’s Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment, $8.99. Restore shine to dry damaged hair with this once a week mask.
How about you? What are your favorite drugstore beauty buys?